Airplane Hangar Flooring: Blackrock Industrial’s Epoxy Flooring Solution
Air hangar floors in private, municipal and military establishments require specific characteristics that facilitate the overall operation of the space. These facilities need flooring systems that are durable, reflective, chemical resistant and abrasion resistant, which is why concret and epoxy flooring solutions remain the only suitable option.
Floors in air hangars are constantly under stress, whether it be due to the weight of the aircrafts or the constant chemical and fuel exposure. Epoxy flooring systems specifically designed for these environments are the perfect solution because of how durable and resistant they are. In most cases, Skydrol resistant epoxy systems are what we recommend for these flooring installations.
Some of the benefits that epoxy flooring provides for aerospace environments include the following:
- Chemical and Skydrol Resistance – The presence of aviation fuels and fire-resistant hydraulic fluids and lubricants is inevitable in air hangars. Epoxy and urethane hybrid flooring systems are designed to withstand the effects of long-term exposure to all of these substances.
- Abrasion Resistance – With constant traffic from aircraft that weight thousands and thousands of pounds, epoxy flooring offers superior high-wear properties that help to prevent scratching and scraping.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain – Large spaces are difficult to keep clean. However, with the installation of an epoxy and urethane hybrid flooring system, concrete slabs become non-porous. Cleaning equipment and products are easily scrubbed, sprayed, and squeegeed off of epoxy floors without any absorption.
- Moisture Resistant – Buildings that are built “slab-on-grade” are usually at risk for moisture vapor transmission, especially in the southern parts of the United States. Moisture Vapor resistant epoxy products can be installed to help protect against these potential risks.
- Slip Resistant – Epoxy and urethane flooring systems can be installed with fine aggregates that prevent slip and fall hazards, while also increasing traction.
At Blackrock Industrial, we understand the time constraints our aerospace clientele are held to and are able to coordinate and schedule epoxy flooring installations according to our customers’ needs. When you need a reliable, experienced epoxy flooring contractor, we’re here to help.
Take a look at the System Specifications we recommend for your air hanger or give us a call to speak with one of our installation specialists and learn for yourself why Blackrock Industrial remains the most reliable epoxy flooring contractor in Miami and the rest of Florida.